Monday, October 19, 2009

Heartbeat Lullaby

Here's another one dedicated to my baby. He has the biggest, warmest heart of any person i've ever met, and i am the luckiest person alive because some nights I get the privilege of laying my head on his chest and falling asleep in his arms to the sound of his heart beat. It's the best feeling in the world.

I am not 100% content with the ending of this poem...but here it is for now. Suggestions welcome.

Love you, Alex.

Heartbeat Lullaby

He pulls me close
And I rest my weary head
Upon his strong bare chest
Listening to the delicate beat
Of his pounding heart.

I imagine it to be
Something enormous in size
Taking up every bit of space
Behind the flesh, muscle, bone,
Beating rhythmically.

Into the enveloping warmth of sleep
I am gently pulled
By the lullaby of his giant heart,
I find myself smiling because I know
Part of it beats for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment